X BloX TaXes
What you need to know to have your Tax Return done, successfully.
The following Documents are required for you to provide for your Tax Return to be completed successfully.
Tax Preparation for Income Information
- W-2 Forms from all employers you (and your spouse, if filing a joint return) worked for during the past tax year.
- 1099 Forms if you (or your spouse) completed contract work and earned more than $600.
- Investment income information (including: interest income, dividend income, proceeds from the sale of bonds or stocks, and income from foreign investments).
- Income from local and state tax refunds from the prior year.
- Business income (accounting records for any business that you own)
- Unemployment income
- Rental property income
- Social Security benefits
- Miscellaneous income (including: jury duty, lottery and gambling winnings, Form 1099-MISC for prizes and awards, and Form 1099-MSA for distributions from medical savings accounts)
Tax Preparation for Personal Information
- Your Social Security number
- Drivers License*
- Your spouse’s Social Security number (if married)
- Social Security numbers for any dependents
*The IRS is requesting to provide both the Issue & Expiration date.
Tax Preparation for Income Adjustments
- Homebuyer tax credit
- Green energy credits
- IRA contributions
- Mortgage interest
- Student loan interest
- Medical Savings Account (MSA) contributions
- Self-employed health insurance
- Moving expenses
Tax Preparation for Credits and Deductions
- Education costs
- Childcare costs
- Adoption costs
- Charitable contributions/donations
- Casualty and theft losses
- Qualified business expenses
- Medical expenses
- Job and moving expenses
Tax Preparation for Direct Deposit
- Your bank account number
- The bank’s routing number